Yale Summer Program in Astrophysics, 2020
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020
The YSPA Program Manager (PM) is the person primarily responsible for logistics and student health and safety during the program. The PM must be very well-organized and must have high attention to detail. She or he is expected to communicate regularly with the parents of the students before and during the program, and she or he is expected to handle any student health or disciplinary issues that may arise during the program. In collaboration with the Academic Director, the PM is also responsible for reading student applications and making admissions decisions for the program.
Requirements for Program Manager Position:
- Must be at least 25 years old by July 9, 2020.
- Must be willing to assist with student admissions and program planning before the start of the program.
- Must be available around the dorm or observatory most evenings and weekends during the program to help students with res-life, health, and other personal issues.
- Must be willing to communicate regularly with parents before and during the program about health or discipline issues.
- Must be willing to cover most logistical details during the program, including scheduling guest speakers, reserving buses or rooms when needed, picking up food for breakfasts or lunches at LFOP when needed, or designating these tasks to other staff.
- Must be available to chaperone students on all field trips off campus during the program, normally on Wednesday and Saturdays.
- Experience in mediation and/or conflict resolution in organizations highly desirable.
- Experience in teaching or mentoring high school students highly desirable.
- stipend commensurate with qualifications and experience
- travel compensation to and from New Haven
- dining in Yale dining hall and catered meals at LFOP, July 12 through August 9, 2020
- at will employment, employee of the Astro Dept., no benefits